Quantcast

uhd_find_devices not detecting USRP2

rmsrms1987
Hi Everyone,

I recently found a couple USRP2's  that have not been used for some time in my lab, and decided to use them for some testing.  One of the USRP2's worked perfectly when I connected it up to the host computer, but the other one is giving me issues.  The uhd_find_devices is not able to detect this device.  I tried debugging this issue by first swapping the SD card from the working USRP2 to the faulty one, with no success.  I also tried reconfiguring the IP address with the command:

sudo ./usrp2_recovery.py --ifc=eth0 --new-ip=192.168.10.4

Both uhd_find_devices and uhd_usrp_probe --args "addr=192.168.10.4" still did not work.  The LEDs  on both USRP2's light up the same exact way. I have now run out of ideas of what to do.  Does anybody else possibly have a solution to this problem?

Thank you very much in advance,

Rob

Re: uhd_find_devices not detecting USRP2

Marcus D. Leech
On 12/09/2013 10:07 AM, rmsrms1987 wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I recently found a couple USRP2's  that have not been used for some time in
> my lab, and decided to use them for some testing.  One of the USRP2's worked
> perfectly when I connected it up to the host computer, but the other one is
> giving me issues.  The uhd_find_devices is not able to detect this device.
> I tried debugging this issue by first swapping the SD card from the working
> USRP2 to the faulty one, with no success.  I also tried reconfiguring the IP
> address with the command:
>
> sudo ./usrp2_recovery.py --ifc=eth0 --new-ip=192.168.10.4
>
> Both uhd_find_devices and uhd_usrp_probe --args "addr=192.168.10.4" still
> did not work.  The LEDs  on both USRP2's light up the same exact way. I have
> now run out of ideas of what to do.  Does anybody else possibly have a
> solution to this problem?
>
> Thank you very much in advance,
>
> Rob

It may be that the one that's not responding is still running "classic"
firmware, which was not TCP/IP based.

http://files.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/usrp2.html#load-the-images-onto-the-sd-card-usrp2-only

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator

Re: uhd_find_devices not detecting USRP2

rmsrms1987
Hi Marcus,

Thank you for the response.  Does swapping the SD card from the working USRP2 to the faulty one not override this issue? I tried that, but it still is not being detected.  Maybe this is a hardware related problem.

- Rob

On 12/09/2013 11:45 AM, rmsrms1987 wrote:
> Hi Marcus,
>
> Thank you for the response.  Does swapping the SD card from the working
> USRP2 to the faulty one not override this issue? I tried that, but it still
> is not being detected.  Maybe this is a hardware related problem.
>
> - Rob

Yes, that should work.

Do the Ethernet interface LEDs light up when you plug the USRP2 into a
1GiGe port on your computer?  [They'll be dim]

They do light up, mostly just the left LED.  Just to confirm, I tried the working USRP2 and it lights up the same exact way.  Also the LEDs on the Ethernet card on the host computer light up.

Re: uhd_find_devices not detecting USRP2

rmsrms1987
When I try to ping, it is not able to see the USRP2.  The output states "Destination Host Unreachable". I tried both 192.168.10.2 and 192.168.10.4 since I ran "sudo ./usrp2_recovery.py --ifc=eth0 --new-ip=192.168.10.4" previously.