Quantcast

re-writing C/C++ or keep python coding

Ruecan
Hi,

I do have a bunch of files written in python and C/C++ describing a complete transmission chain (Sources, Filters, Tx, Rx ...).

However I am intending to add new features from the FPGA API (uhd::usrp::multi_usrp Class funtions like set_time_now()...) and those features are to be written in a C++ coding style not python as I understood.
The uhd source and uhd sink blocks and the related blocks with the connections are all written in python.

The question is: do I need to re-write all the python code into C/C++ OR SWIG can help me do that (convert from python back to C++ code) and by the way save time re-coding.

Best regards,

Re: re-writing C/C++ or keep python coding

Tom Rondeau-2
On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 5:54 PM, NaceurElOuni <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I do have a bunch of files written in python and C/C++ describing a complete
> transmission chain (Sources, Filters, Tx, Rx ...).
>
> However I am intending to add new features from the FPGA API
> (uhd::usrp::multi_usrp Class funtions like set_time_now()...) and those
> features are to be written in a C++ coding style not python as I understood.
> The uhd source and uhd sink blocks and the related blocks with the
> connections are all written in python.
>
> The question is: do I need to re-write all the python code into C/C++ *OR*
> SWIG can help me do that (convert from python back to C++ code) and by the
> way save time re-coding.
>
> Best regards,

Best to do this in C++ and not try to work through SWIG to go backwards.

Re: re-writing C/C++ or keep python coding

Ruecan
thank you Tom