Quantcast

obtaining duration of Idle and busy cycles

obtaining duration of Idle and busy cycles

Sahoo, Anirudha

Hi,

  I am trying to use “usrp_sprectrum_sense.py” to obtain

Idle (white space) and busy cycles of a channel (say channel 1

of WiFi).

  I was thinking of doing it the following way:

Continuously get the FFT (and hence power in db) of

center frequency of channel 1. Whenever the power is

very low (below a threshold), assume the channel was

idle, otherwise channel was busy.

  Let us say, I found that 10 consecutive fft readings indicated

that channel was idle, can I assume that the corresponding

idle period was 10xtime to get one FFT reading? Is “time to get one

FFT reading” equal to “dwell_delay”? If not, what is its value?

  If the above method is not accurate/correct, any other method

which would work?

  Thanks

-Anirudh

Re: obtaining duration of Idle and busy cycles

sumitstop
I think that to get one FFT reading shall equal dwell_delay + tune delay