Quantcast

new burst detector

nexy_sm
Hi all,

I would like to design burst detector, which will have a bit intelligence in order to avoid stort pulses recording. So far I was dealing with similar stuff, but I was using microcontroller and plug and play analog frontend. There I was making decision whether signal has enough power or not by using RSSI value, available at frontent's pin. I had very simple averaging inside of microcontroller in order to have noise level, and time constant of that filter was quite big. So, i was only comparing noise level with current signal strength.
Now I would like to make something similar. I wonder what is the usual way to detect whether the signal is present in the receiver or not. Do you think that i need both signal level detector and preamble "finder" or it can work only with preamble "finder". Since I am dealing with 434MHz ISM band with FSK modulation scheme, the preamble is simple 0 1 0 1 ...

Best
Nemanja