Quantcast

gr_foo_sptr (vs) gr_foo

Ruecan
Hello,

I did spent time working on GNU radio C++ API,
And I was stuck debugging in some point where I need to get the gr_foo to retrieve the values of its members whereas I already instantiated gr_foo_sptr instead.
Is there a way to fix this issue.

Example: I already instantiated gr_msg_queue_sptr, gr_message_source_sptr ...

              and I got ‘gr_msg_queue_sptr’ has no member named ‘empty_p’
                           ‘gr_message_source_sptr’ has no member named ‘msgq’

Do I have to get rid of sptrs and instantiate gr_msg_queue and gr_message_source instead
Or I may get around this.

Re: gr_foo_sptr (vs) gr_foo

Tom Rondeau-2
On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 5:15 PM, NaceurElOuni <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I did spent time working on GNU radio C++ API,
> And I was stuck debugging in some point where I need to get the gr_foo to
> retrieve the values of its members whereas I already instantiated
> gr_foo_sptr instead.
> Is there a way to fix this issue.
>
> Example: I already instantiated gr_msg_queue_sptr, gr_message_source_sptr
>
>               and I got ‘gr_msg_queue_sptr’ has no member named ‘empty_p’
>                            ‘gr_message_source_sptr’ has no member named
> ‘msgq’
>
> Do I have to get rid of sptrs and instantiate gr_msg_queue and
> gr_message_source instead
> Or I may get around this.
>
> Regards,

Take a look at the Boost shared pointer documentation:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_54_0/libs/smart_ptr/shared_ptr.htm

You'll want to either use the '->' operator or you can get a pointer
to the original object using the get() function.

Visit us at GRCon13 Oct. 1 - 4
http://www.trondeau.com/grcon13