Quantcast

bbn 80211b usrp2_version problem

Chen Chen-7

Hi, everyone,

I just got two set of USRP2 and want to test it using the bbn 802_11b usrp2_version. I use the example scripts: bbn_80211b_rx.py and bbn_80211b_tx.py.

I use the default setting: on one machine: ./bbn_80211b_rx.py and on another machine: ./bbn_80211b_tx.py

The tx script work correctly. The console print the packets it send. But for the rx, it can not received any packet, just print out the "S" letter?

Does anyone meet such problem? Thank you very much.

Best,

Chen

Re: bbn 80211b usrp2_version problem

mchristine
Yes. This might help.

"At a decimation rate of 4 you are generating 25 MS/s.  If those samples are complex shorts, that works out to 100 MB/s.  If those samples are complex floats, that is 200 MB/s.  In the former case, you really need a RAID array of at least two fast drives to keep up.  In the latter, you're going to need to do something more exotic."

This was in a previous post.

- Miklos

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 8:23 PM, Colby Boyer <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think that is a buffer overrun. In otherwords, your computer cannot process the data fast enough.

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 1:36 PM, Chen Chen <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi, everyone,

I just got two set of USRP2 and want to test it using the bbn 802_11b usrp2_version. I use the example scripts: bbn_80211b_rx.py and bbn_80211b_tx.py.

I use the default setting: on one machine: ./bbn_80211b_rx.py and on another machine: ./bbn_80211b_tx.py

The tx script work correctly. The console print the packets it send. But for the rx, it can not received any packet, just print out the "S" letter?

Does anyone meet such problem? Thank you very much.

Best,

Chen

Re: bbn 80211b usrp2_version problem

tonypaopao
Hi:
     I've been doing the same things recently. But I wonder if there is a bbn_80211 usrp2 version? I know this object from its official website:https://www.cgran.org/wiki/BBN80211. And I don't see anything about usrp1 version or usrp2 version.
      So confused about this, looking forward to your answer! Thank u so much!
      Still ,what ubuntu version and gnuradio version do you use? I 've spent too much time on the software environment thing.
      Again,thank u so much!