Quantcast

USRP sending packets after closing application

USRP sending packets after closing application

maiconkist
This post was updated on .
Hi list,

I notice that after running any application (for example uhd_fft), the USRP continues to send a lot of packets to my machine. Is there something I am missing ? Maybe the application is not closing correctly and stopping the USRP from sending packets.

Edit: In gnuradio compiled for Mac OS

Thanks.

Re: USRP sending packets after closing application

Josh Blum-3

On 01/29/2013 10:25 AM, maiconkist wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I notice that after running any application (for example uhd_fft), the USRP
> continues to send a lot of packets to my machine. Is there something I am
> missing ? Maybe the application is not closing correctly and stopping the
> USRP from sending packets.

Are you seeing that LEDC is left on?
http://files.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/usrp2.html#front-panel-leds

Basically, if the device is not cleaned up properly, like the app is
just killed, when in continuous streaming mode, the device will continue
to stream.

However, usually this closes the sockets, the kernel then sends a ICMP
destination unreachable to the USRP and the USRP FW shuts down the RX DSP.

Perhaps that isnt happening or something is still running in the background?

-josh

> Thanks.

Re: USRP sending packets after closing application

maiconkist
Josh,

thanks for you reply. I will check here if is something like this.