Quantcast

USRP Lan not detected

Medhat Hamdy
Dear all,

    I am using USRP N210 with a Lenovo Thinkpad labtop. When I connect ethernet wire nothing happens (the leds on both the lab and the USRP do not flash). And also the network gives me the message "Wired Network Disconnected - you are now offline".

Can anyone help me.

Medhat Hamdy

Re: USRP Lan not detected

thats_nice
This post was updated on .
There is a process in which one should configure both the USRP N210 and your PC in order to detect the new hardware (in this case, the USRP N210) - not Plug and Play unfortunately.

First you should run the firmware.py (not sure where, but google it) once the firmware is run, you should set ur IP to a static one: 192.168.10.1
                     sudo ifconfig eth0 192.168.10.1   (in terminal)

The USRP N210 should be 192.168.10.2 you should ping to test:
                    ping 192.168.10.2

I hope this helps.

Medhat Hamdy wrote