Quantcast

UHD Warning

daviko
Hello

I'm using  USRP2 Rev 4.0 with a daughterboard  xcvr2450

When I use the commmand  "uhd_usrp_probe"

I got this message

UHD Warning:
    Unable to set the thread priority. Performance may be negatively affected.
    Please see the general application notes in the manual for instructions.
    EnvironmentError: OSError: error in pthread_setschedparam

What it mean?

Re: UHD Warning

mleech

On 14 Nov 2012 12:08, daviko wrote:

Hello

I'm using  USRP2 Rev 4.0 with a daughterboard  xcvr2450

When I use the commmand  "uhd_usrp_probe"

I got this message

UHD Warning:
    Unable to set the thread priority. Performance may be negatively
affected.
    Please see the general application notes in the manual for instructions.
    EnvironmentError: OSError: error in pthread_setschedparam

What it mean?

It means that giant, man-eating bats will soon start falling from your ceiling and kill you and everyone you've ever loved.

Errrr, I mean, it's just a warning that it wasn't able to set real-time scheduling.  Most gnuradio apps try to turn on real-time scheduling.  That can fail, and it's largely harmless.

Real-time scheduling can help with signal processing flows that are very CPU intensive, but it cannot help with situations whether the average CPU demand exceeds the available CPU resources.

For uhd_usrp_probe, it's utterly meaningless, since it doesn't do any signal processing, but does do the usual "startup template" which includes trying to turn on real-time scheduling.

Re: UHD Warning

daviko
Thank you, Mr. giant ^^