Quantcast

Trying to increase power/amplitude of signal sent from USRP using GnuRadio.

Trying to increase power/amplitude of signal sent from USRP using GnuRadio.

dhenke
I am working on a project were a program receives information from a location beacon and allows the computer to know its location in relation to the beacon. Now we are trying to see the affects if that signal has interference or is jammed.

The beacon sends out a frequency at 433Mhz and we are trying to use the USRP to cause interference or to jam the signal altogether. I have been using the benchmark_tx.py code within gnu radio to try and send the signal at the same frequency but it doesn't cause interference. I need to increase the power of the amplitude of the signal enough to cause interference with the location beacon.

I have try to use the option in the benchmark_tx.py command --tx_amplitude= but this has to be between 0<=amp<1 and therefore doesn't really allow me to increase the power of the signal.

I have also messed around with GRC but haven't seen anything in there that would allow me to increase the power either. So any help would be great.