Quantcast

Tagged File Sink in GRC

Daniel Labarowski
I compiled GNURadio using the build script yesterday. In a previous version of GNURadio, I believe that the Tagged File Sink was displayed in GNURadio Companion under sinks. I couldn't find it there so I search the build folder as well as my filesystem to find that I had no gr_tagged_file_sink.xml . I'm not sure if this is an error pertaining only to my installation or if this was removed from GNURadio at some point. I do have .cc .o .h ad .i files for gr_tagged_file_sink. I found the xml file here and copied it (as root) to /usr/local/share/gnuradio/grc/blocks. It still isn't showing up in GRC though. Any idea what I need to do to get this block showing in GRC? Thanks!

-Dan

Re: Tagged File Sink in GRC

Daniel Labarowski
Sorry for the quick response, but I tried opening GRC using the terminal
and got the error below. Any ideas?

>     Error reading file
> '/usr/local/share/gnuradio/grc/blocks/gr_tagged_file_sink.xml': failed
> to load external entity
> "/usr/local/share/gnuradio/grc/blocks/gr_tagged_file_sink.xml"
>     Ignoring: /usr/local/share/gnuradio/grc/blocks/gr_tagged_file_sink.xml
> Warning: Block key "gr_message_burst_source" not found when loading
> category tree.

Re: Tagged File Sink in GRC

Frederick Lee-4
On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Daniel Labarowski
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry for the quick response, but I tried opening GRC using the terminal and
> got the error below. Any ideas?
>
>>     Error reading file
>> '/usr/local/share/gnuradio/grc/blocks/gr_tagged_file_sink.xml': failed to
>> load external entity
>> "/usr/local/share/gnuradio/grc/blocks/gr_tagged_file_sink.xml"
>>     Ignoring: /usr/local/share/gnuradio/grc/blocks/gr_tagged_file_sink.xml
>> Warning: Block key "gr_message_burst_source" not found when loading
>> category tree.

I actually posted about the warning a little while ago. This was the
response from Tom:

That was due to me forgetting to "git add" the file when we pushed the
rest. I actually noticed this just yesterday but hadn't been able to
do anything about until I got off the plane just now.

The current versions of master and next should have this fixed.

I re ran the build-gnuradio script and it solved the warning, but I do
not know about the tagged_file_sink error. Maybe it will reinstall the
tagged_file_sink for you. Re-running the script creates extra folders
though. For example, uhd.20120726103430 looks like a copy made at
2012/07/26. Do you know if we can delete these extra folders?

Hope this helps,

Frederick

Re: Tagged File Sink in GRC

Daniel Labarowski
Looks like the Tagged FIle SInk was not fixed in the new update. I'm fairly certain that those new folders that appeared are the updated git pulls. The hold roughly the same content as the other folders. I guess if you re-run the script in the same directory, it will make a new folder for the updated gits. Gnuradio, uhd, osmosdr, and rtl all had new folders for me but uhd and grextras must not have updated. Technically you can delete all of these files after install. I like to keep a set around so that I can search the source though. You don't need both copies - delete the old ones. Any way I can get Tagged FIle Sink working manually?

Re: Tagged File Sink in GRC

nexy_sm
This post was updated on .
Hi guys,

i have the same problem, can't find taggeed file sink in my GRC. Any solution so far?

Thanks and regards