Quantcast

TX/RX caliberation utilities provided in UHD

TX/RX caliberation utilities provided in UHD

Gayathri Ramasubramanian
Hi

I would be grateful if anyone could explain more about the TX/RX calibration utilities provided by UHD:
        uhd_cal_rx_iq_balance:      uhd_cal_tx_dc_offset:         uhd_cal_tx_iq_balance:

 a) I found them installed in one of the UHD directories. Not sure now, but wanted to know if the same version can be used on SBX and WBX daughterboards. what changes in output should Ii expect to see.
How can I keep a note of it. are there any specific tests I can use.

b) What do these utilities exactly do.
c) do they write into the fw of the motherboard. if so, how can i remove the calibration if required.
d) what happens if a serial number is not present in the WBX boards.
e) application notes says: it creates a CSV file. how will it be stored and retrieved.

I am trying to use these utilities but before i do I just wanted to clear my doubts.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Gayathri

Re: TX/RX caliberation utilities provided in UHD

Marcus Müller
Hi Gayathri,

this is not GNU Radio related -- UHD is ettus' driver framework for its USRPs and only *used* by gr-uhd.

Most of your questions are answered in the UHD users Manual, see the ettus website, http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd/wiki
as well as in the man pages, usually available by invoking "man uhd_cal_rx_iq_balance" (or the other program names, respectively)

just to answer the easy questions here:

a) yes, the same utility is used.
b) see the man page, and, if you really want to know in detail, the source code. Basically, it measures TX leakage on the RX port.
c) no.
d) you'll get a problem when connecting to your device, I think. You can burn serial numbers, see the UHD manual. If you've bought hardware without a properly flashed EEPROM, *please* contact ettus.
e) see the manual, calibration page.

Greetings,
Marcus