Quantcast

Simple Digital Mod Problem

Hanz
Im a total newbie to GNURadio. So my plan was to simply test a digital modulation path, without channel. Then compare input file and output file. The input file was a previously captured random file through GNURadio. But the problem is, that the output file is about 8 times bigger and clearly not the same!
Any help :)?

Re: Simple Digital Mod Problem

Ben Reynwar
The output of the demod is unpacked, that is, only one bit in each
byte is used.  Place an unpacked_to_packed block before the sink and
you will have more luck, however you will still get an offset in the
byte boundaries between the input and output.

Ben

Hanz
Thanks! I see now what you mean, but how can i get rid of these boundary mistakes? The Result is similar to the original, but the bytes are kind of "shifted". So from a "FF 00" results a "FE 01"..

Re: Simple Digital Mod Problem

Ben Reynwar
Take a look at the packet_encoder and packet_decoder blocks.  The
encoder adds a header to the packet, so that the decoder can
synchronise to it, and get the correct byte boundary.  The
implementation (in the current master branch) is found at
gnuradio/grc/grc_gnuradio/blks2/packet.py.

Hanz
This is actually what i would like to do later by hand. Isnt there a possibity how i can fetch the raw bits or bytes directly after receiving? Sorry if its a stupid question..

Re: Simple Digital Mod Problem

Ben Reynwar
I don't understand you're question.  What do you mean by fetch the raw
bits or bytes?  It seems that you are already doing that fine with
your file outputs.