Quantcast

Reg : gr_adaptive_fir_ccc & adaptive_fir_ccc_impl

Reg : gr_adaptive_fir_ccc & adaptive_fir_ccc_impl

sumitstop
I saw two types of adaptive filter files and headers.

One is gnuradio/gnuradio-core/src/lib/filter/gr_adaptive_fir_ccc.cc with header gr_adaptive_fir_ccc.h

While another is /gnuradio/gr-filter/lib/adaptive_fir_ccc_impl.cc with header adaptive_fir_ccc_impl.h

So what is the difference between the two.

I noticed that for the second one there are no swig files. Is it used or obsolete. I am not able to get its documentation as I got for the first one at http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/classgr__adaptive__fir__ccc.html#detailshttp://

Re: Reg : gr_adaptive_fir_ccc & adaptive_fir_ccc_impl

Tom Rondeau-2
On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 5:52 PM, sumitstop
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I saw two types of adaptive filter files and headers.
>
> One is gnuradio/gnuradio-core/src/lib/filter/*gr_adaptive_fir_ccc.cc* with
> header *gr_adaptive_fir_ccc.h*
>
> While another is /gnuradio/gr-filter/lib/*adaptive_fir_ccc_impl.cc* with
> header *adaptive_fir_ccc_impl.h*
>
> So what is the difference between the two.
>
> I noticed that for the second one there are no swig files. Is it used or
> obsolete. I am not able to get its documentation as I got for the first one
> at
> http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/classgr__adaptive__fir__ccc.html#detailshttp://
> <http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/classgr__adaptive__fir__ccc.html#detailshttp://>

In many cases where we have functionality that we might want to use
other than as a GNU Radio block, we create an implementation class,
which we then create a gr_ class that wraps around this to bring the
implementation into an actual gr_block. So in this case, both are
valid, but one is a gr_block the other is the algorithm used inside of
the gr_block.

Re: Reg : gr_adaptive_fir_ccc & adaptive_fir_ccc_impl

sumitstop
Ohh .. got it .. that's why I couldn't find swig files for adaptive_fir_ccc_impl !!