Quantcast

Reg : difference between gr.file_descriptor_source/sink and gr.file_source/sink

Reg : difference between gr.file_descriptor_source/sink and gr.file_source/sink

sumitstop
Q: What is the difference between gr.file_descriptor_source/sink and gr.file_source/sink .. I mean when shall we prefer one over other ?

Re: Reg : difference between gr.file_descriptor_source/sink and gr.file_source/sink

Tom Rondeau-2
On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 10:18 AM, sumitstop
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Q: What is the difference between gr.file_descriptor_source/sink and
> gr.file_source/sink .. I mean when shall we prefer one over other ?

file_source/sink takes in a string for a file name. This block will
create a new file with that name.

file_descriptor_source/sink takes in a file descriptor and writes to
that. This means you create your file descriptor externally and pass
it to the block. The file descriptor can be anything, now, an actual
file, FIFO, device, etc.

Re: Reg : difference between gr.file_descriptor_source/sink and gr.file_source/sink

sumitstop
Thanks Tom .. got it !!