Quantcast

RFID at 2.4GHz simulation-Encoding, Modulation techniques (grc implementation)

RFID at 2.4GHz simulation-Encoding, Modulation techniques (grc implementation)

stefosee
Hi everyone,
i'm an undergraduate student of ee and currently i'm working on my thesis which is related to an RFID standard simulation in GNURadio.

I don't have a USRP device yet, so i'm just working on the grc tool with default signal sources.

As i figured out, there are already some pre-installed blocks for bpsk or gmsk simulation methods that i need in my thesis.
Although, i also need ASK simulation.
I implemented it with a square and cosine source multiplication and i think it works properly. What should i take care of?

Also, i have to implement manchester and fm0 encoding. I started the implementation by creating an edge detecting circuit. Before carrying on, i'd like to ask you if i'm on the right path (i mean creating boolean, mathematical functions between sources and constant numbers) or i have to change the way of thinking.
Finally, is it necessary to use code for any of this techniques i mentioned above, or it is possible to manage it just with grc blocks?

Thank you in advance.

Re: RFID at 2.4GHz simulation-Encoding, Modulation techniques (grc implementation)

Tom Rondeau-2
On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 4:31 AM, stefosee <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> i'm an undergraduate student of ee and currently i'm working on my thesis
> which is related to an RFID standard simulation in GNURadio.
>
> I don't have a USRP device yet, so i'm just working on the grc tool with
> default signal sources.
>
> As i figured out, there are already some pre-installed blocks for bpsk or
> gmsk simulation methods that i need in my thesis.
> Although, i also need ASK simulation.
> I implemented it with a square and cosine source multiplication and i think
> it works properly. What should i take care of?
>
> Also, i have to implement manchester and fm0 encoding. I started the
> implementation by creating an edge detecting circuit. Before carrying on,
> i'd like to ask you if i'm on the right path (i mean creating boolean,
> mathematical functions between sources and constant numbers) or i have to
> change the way of thinking.
> Finally, is it necessary to use code for any of this techniques i mentioned
> above, or it is possible to manage it just with grc blocks?
>
> Thank you in advance.

Those are all very vague questions. I think you're going to have to
get a good start on things yourself, first, then come back with any
specific questions you have.

Re: RFID at 2.4GHz simulation-Encoding, Modulation techniques (grc implementation)

stefosee
This post was updated on .
Hello again,
I've already implemented the modulation schemes i'm writing above, plus the manchester encoder.
Now i'm trying to design the biphase space (fm0) encoder.
For the manchester i used 2 square sources, one for the data and another one for the clock with the double frequency and i use an XOR between them.

So, for a clock:
10 10 10 10 10 10      and data 101110:
11 00 11 11 11 00      i have an output like that:
01 10 01 01 01 10      which is the expected one.

Assuming that it works right, now, i'm trying to design the fm0.
I know its harder because each output is related to the previous one.
Is there any fm0 already implemented? Or is there any link to help me do it?

TIA