Quantcast

Question on incorporate different constellation indexing in gr-digital constellation objects

Question on incorporate different constellation indexing in gr-digital constellation objects

Zhe Feng
Dear all,

I have a question related to the constellation objects in gr-digital. After checking the constellation.cc, I found the constellation of 8PSK and QPSK class are all Grey coded. Now I want to use a 8PSK constellation with natural mapping.

I know I can just modify the constellation indexing of the Grey mapped 8PSK class. But I don't want to change the 8psk class that gnuradio provided or to make a natural mapped 8psk class by copying the 8psk class and just modifying the indexing. Is there any clean way to get the natural mapped 8psk class I wanted?

Thanks!
Best,
Zhe

Re: Question on incorporate different constellation indexing in gr-digital constellation objects

Tom Rondeau-2
On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 2:44 AM, Zhe Feng <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear all,

I have a question related to the constellation objects in gr-digital. After
checking the constellation.cc, I found the constellation of 8PSK and QPSK
class are all Grey coded. Now I want to use a 8PSK constellation with
natural mapping.

I know I can just modify the constellation indexing of the Grey mapped 8PSK
class. But I don't want to change the 8psk class that gnuradio provided or
to make a natural mapped 8psk class by copying the 8psk class and just
modifying the indexing. Is there any clean way to get the natural mapped
8psk class I wanted?

Thanks!
Best,
Zhe

Have a read of:

That will explain a bit more about the constellation objects. You are perfectly safe setting up your own Constellation Object with whatever constellation and symbol mapping you want.