Quantcast

OOK Mod and Demod

sibar002
Hello,

I am trying to create an ook modulation and demodulation block. So far, I have created a block similar to the bpsk block. I changed my constellations points to 1+0j and 0+0j. I want a rectangular pulse to be transmitted for a 1 and nothing for 0. I was told I could do this by changing the raise_root_cosine filter used in the generic_mod_demod.py to a LPF filter. I am unsure how to do this. Could any one help? I would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you for your time and help.

Sam

Re: OOK Mod and Demod

Tom Rondeau-2
On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 2:24 PM, sibar002 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to create an ook modulation and demodulation block. So far, I
> have created a block similar to the bpsk block. I changed my constellations
> points to 1+0j and 0+0j. I want a rectangular pulse to be transmitted for a
> 1 and nothing for 0. I was told I could do this by changing the
> raise_root_cosine filter used in the generic_mod_demod.py to a LPF filter. I
> am unsure how to do this. Could any one help? I would greatly appreciate any
> help. Thank you for your time and help.
>
> Sam

Line 137 in generic_mod_demod.py is where the RRC filter taps are
created for the transmitter. Change from using a
gr.firdes.root_raised_cosine to gr.firdes.low_pass_2.

Use this page for details of what the arguments to the low_pass_2
filter generator function are:
http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/classgr_1_1filter_1_1firdes.html