Quantcast

How to make modified uhd/host/examples

Ruecan
Hello GR Forum,

I have to add some instructions for test purpose into some files of /uhd/host/examples
Could you show me how to make the new files, or send me the link of How to instructions.
BTW, I never used CMake before. If there is another tool for the purpose I am ok too.

Regards,
Naceur

Re: How to make modified uhd/host/examples

Bennett, David S. (Scott)
> Message: 4
> Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 12:41:54 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Naceur <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to make modified uhd/host/examples
>
> Hello GR Forum,
>
> I have to add some instructions for test purpose into some files of
> /uhd/host/examples Could you show me how to make the new files, or send
> me the link of How to instructions.
> BTW, I never used CMake before. If there is another tool for the purpose I
> am ok too.
>
> Regards,
> Naceur

I have been doing this a lot recently as I've been trying to add GPS time and location tags to a stream of data I'm recording with a USRP.  It really is as simple as the instructions here:

http://files.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/build.html

provided you have all the dependencies satisfied and all the source files downloaded from the repository.

Cmake is required as the build depends on the various configuration files scattered throughout the source directories (you get these when you check out the repository).  I'm not really a programmer (pretty much a hack), but I do know that they use Cmake as a tool to enable compiling across multiple platforms.  And if I can make it work, just about anyone can.

Re: How to make modified uhd/host/examples

Ruecan
Thank you Bennett.