Quantcast

How to know the number of bits/packets transmitted

How to know the number of bits/packets transmitted

manjusha
I have the attached GRC file.i know it is transmitting a certain number of bits.But i want to see the number of bits being transmitted.Is there any way to do it?No_of_bits_transmitted.png
Manjusha

Re: How to know the number of bits/packets transmitted

manjusha
or do i have to go through the entire .py code ,find the variables and print it??

Please help!!

Thanks.
Manjusha

Re: How to know the number of bits/packets transmitted

Tommy Tracy II
You have your input on repeat, so it'll keep transmitting as long as the program is running. Are you looking for the rate, or the total bit count?

Tommy James Tracy II
Ph.D Student
High Performance Low Power Lab
University of Virginia
Phone: 913-775-2241

-----
Manjusha

Re: How to know the number of bits/packets transmitted

manjusha
Yes,you are right..I attached the wrong screen shot..My vector source doesn't repeat and
 I would like to know  both Bit rate and Number of bits transmitted.

thanks.
Manjusha

Re: How to know the number of bits/packets transmitted

Nathan West
On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 6:33 PM, manjusha <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Yes,you are right..I attached the wrong screen shot..My vector source doesn't
> repeat and
>  I would like to know  both Bit rate and Number of bits transmitted.

I've gotten the impression you're looking for a bit count after some
amount of time has passed, similar to ifconfig's "TX packets:".

Mangusha, from other posts I'm thinking maybe you're trying to connect
a socket to a modulator and transmitter and you want to know how many
bits have been transmitted. I'm certainly not going to be a definite
source on this, but I don't think you can do this in grc without
writing any code.

Each of these blocks does have a variable (probably called something
similar to noutput_items) that you can use to accumulate a total and
add an output. If it's really critical to your application I don't
think it's very difficult to edit one of these blocks to do it for
you. Or even better, just make your own block that does nothing but
count the number of items that goes through it.

If I'm over complicating things and you're just trying to understand
your flowgraph...
I think your number of bits transmitted is 2.
Your bit rate is, uh I think something like samples/symbol / samp_rate.