Quantcast

How to change bitrate in GRC

llc1989522
Hi all

I found the default bit rate is 500k, which means one slot is 2us. How to change the bit rate in GRC? Thank you for your time and help.

Lin

Re: How to change bitrate in GRC

Marcus D. Leech
On 11/06/2012 07:03 PM, llc1989522 wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I found the default bit rate is 500k, which means one slot is 2us. How to
> change the bit rate in GRC? Thank you for your time and help.
>
> Lin

You are presumably discussing a *specific* signal flow when you talk
about bit-rate.  GRC doesn't, inherently, know anything about
   bit rates.

What .grc file are you experimenting with?

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator

Re: How to change bitrate in GRC

Marcus D. Leech
On 11/06/2012 07:44 PM, Linchao Liao wrote:
Hello

Thank you for replying me. I am trying to simulate like this:

File Source -> packet to Unpacket -> chunk to symbol -> UHD sink

The parameter in chun to symbol is [0,1], which means it will transmit a pluse to represent 1 and transmit nothing to represent 0. But my question is that how to control the speed of this data flow. Right now the speed is default 500K/s.
Thank you for your time and help.

Lin

The UHD sink has a sample rate parameter.  Your whole graph will be "paced" by that parameter.  Make it whatever you want, subject to
  the usual restrictions that it must be a proper decimated rate from the basic sample rate.

What device are you using?

For N2XX, the basic rate is 100e6  so sample rates have to be a proper integer fraction of that rate
For B100/E100/USRP1 the basic rate is 64e6