Quantcast

How To Print Elements of Vector Tags?

Kun Qian
Hi,

I'm new to gnuradio and want to do some wireless communication experiments with it. I runned OFDM examples(rx_ofdm.grc & tx_ofdm.grc) and tried to use the tag debug block to retrieve the CIR information generated during receiving procedure. Yet what tag debug block outputs is the key-value pair, Key:ofdm_sync_chan_taps Value:#<uniform-vector>, but not the vector elements. Is there any way to print out the vector? Further more, is there any way to record down all tags in file?

Thanks.

Re: How To Print Elements of Vector Tags?

Marcus Müller

Re: How To Print Elements of Vector Tags?

Kun Qian
Hi Marcus,
Thanks for your help!

The program outputs complex vectors in string format with your modified pmt objects:

I'll go on checking these CFR values and conducting the experiment.

By the way, the official tutorial of gnuradio says that file metadata sink can be used to record down detached stream tags. Is it possible for me to record down vector tags in file and post parse it using this sink?

Thanks!

Re: How To Print Elements of Vector Tags?

Tom Rondeau-2

<http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/file/n47554/Screenshot_from_2014-04-13_17-16-03.png>

I'll go on checking these CFR values and conducting the experiment.

By the way, the official tutorial of gnuradio says that *file metadata sink*
can be used to record down detached stream tags. Is it possible for me to
record down vector tags in file and post parse it using this sink?

Thanks!

Yes, the file meta sink stores any tags that flow through it in the header. See this page for details on the metadata file format: