Quantcast

HIer block---Generate error

stefosee
Hi,

i'm trying to create my first hier block following these rules:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/GNURadioCompanion#Hierarchical-Blocks

but when i'm going to generate the flow graph, i get the error message:

Generate Error: All strings must be XML compatible: Unicode or ASCII, no NULL bytes or control characters

I also tried a very simple graph like pad source(float)->throttle(float)->pad sink(float) but i face the same problem.

throttle rate's value is the value of a parameter i set as sample_rate.

Any advice?
thx

Re: HIer block---Generate error

Josh Blum-3

On 06/21/2013 07:02 AM, stefosee wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i'm trying to create my first hier block following these rules:
> http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/GNURadioCompanion#Hierarchical-Blocks
>
> but when i'm going to generate the flow graph, i get the error message:
>
> Generate Error: All strings must be XML compatible: Unicode or ASCII, no
> NULL bytes or control characters

Is there more verbose to go with that error?

Can you attach a minimal example that causes the problem?

-josh

> I also tried a very simple graph like pad
> source(float)->throttle(float)->pad sink(float) but i face the same problem.
>
> throttle rate's value is the value of a parameter i set as sample_rate.
>
> Any advice?
> thx

Re: HIer block---Generate error

stefosee

Re: HIer block---Generate error

Josh Blum-2

On 06/21/2013 01:59 PM, stefosee wrote:
> <http://gnuradio.4.n7.nabble.com/file/n42181/screenshot.png>

Can you try using an all ASCII path for the grc file? I think the XML
parser may be having trouble w/ the characters in the file path.

-josh

Re: HIer block---Generate error

stefosee
Yes, the problem was the greek words in the path!
Thank you very much! :)