Quantcast

Gnuradio Screencast for Absolute Beginners

Gnuradio Screencast for Absolute Beginners

sumitstop
Hi Community,

I have uploaded screencast of some very basic things for the beginners in gnuradio like installing gnuradio, finding common examples of usrp, uhd, utilities etc. Also getting information about usrp's / daughterboards, antennas, burning SD card etc.

Here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/user/2011HPS?feature=watch

Although these things are given in enough detail on gnuradio webpage but I think watching on screen will be very helpful for the starters :)

Enjoy :)

** Suggestions/improvements are most welcome

Re: Gnuradio Screencast for Absolute Beginners

heckpiet
thx mate !!

Cheers

Piet

Am 8. April 2012 01:07 schrieb sumitstop <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Community,
>
> I have uploaded screencast of some very basic things for the beginners in
> gnuradio like installing gnuradio, finding common examples of usrp, uhd,
> utilities etc. Also getting information about usrp's / daughterboards,
> antennas, burning SD card etc.
>
> Here is the link
>
> http://www.youtube.com/user/2011HPS?feature=watch
> http://www.youtube.com/user/2011HPS?feature=watch
>

> Although these things are given in enough detail on gnuradio webpage but I
> think watching on screen will be very helpful for the starters :)
>
> Enjoy :)
>
> ** Suggestions/improvements are most welcome
>
> -----
> Sumit Kr.
> Research Assistant
> Communication Research center
> IIIT Hyderabad
> India

Re: Gnuradio Screencast for Absolute Beginners

sumitstop
Hi Community,

Just uploaded 11 more screen casts in GNURADIO for absolute beginners.
They are mostly related to using benchmark files of digital transmission and ofdm transmission.
Some playing with the spectrum sensing code is also there. I have increased the font size as well as bright back ground for better visibility.

http://www.youtube.com/user/2011HPS?feature=watch

A lot more will be coming.

Cheers

heckpiet wrote
thx mate !!

Cheers

Piet

Am 8. April 2012 01:07 schrieb sumitstop <sumit.kumar@research.iiit.ac.in>:

> Hi Community,
>
> I have uploaded screencast of some very basic things for the beginners in
> gnuradio like installing gnuradio, finding common examples of usrp, uhd,
> utilities etc. Also getting information about usrp's / daughterboards,
> antennas, burning SD card etc.
>
> Here is the link
>
> http://www.youtube.com/user/2011HPS?feature=watch
> http://www.youtube.com/user/2011HPS?feature=watch
>

> Although these things are given in enough detail on gnuradio webpage but I
> think watching on screen will be very helpful for the starters :)
>
> Enjoy :)
>
> ** Suggestions/improvements are most welcome
>
> -----
> Sumit Kr.
> Research Assistant
> Communication Research center
> IIIT Hyderabad
> India

Re: Gnuradio Screencast for Absolute Beginners

Tom Rondeau-2
On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 4:42 PM, sumitstop
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Community,
>
> Just uploaded 11 more screen casts in GNURADIO for absolute beginners.
> They are mostly related to using benchmark files of digital transmission and
> ofdm transmission.
> Some playing with the spectrum sensing code is also there. I have increased
> the font size as well as bright back ground for better visibility.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/user/2011HPS?feature=watch
>
> A lot more will be coming.
>
> Cheers :working:

Thanks for putting these up and sharing with everyone!

Tom

> heckpiet wrote:
>>
>> thx mate !!
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Piet
>>
>> Am 8. April 2012 01:07 schrieb sumitstop
>> <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> Hi Community,
>>>
>>> I have uploaded screencast of some very basic things for the beginners in
>>> gnuradio like installing gnuradio, finding common examples of usrp, uhd,
>>> utilities etc. Also getting information about usrp's / daughterboards,
>>> antennas, burning SD card etc.
>>>
>>> Here is the link
>>>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/2011HPS?feature=watch
>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/2011HPS?feature=watch
>>>

>>> Although these things are given in enough detail on gnuradio webpage but
>>> think watching on screen will be very helpful for the starters :)
>>>
>>> Enjoy :)
>>>
>>> ** Suggestions/improvements are most welcome
>>>
>>> -----
>>> Sumit Kr.
>>> Research Assistant
>>> Communication Research center
>>> IIIT Hyderabad
>>> India
>>> --
>>

> -----
> Sumit Kr.
> Research Assistant
> Communication Research center
> IIIT Hyderabad
> India

Re: Gnuradio Screencast for Absolute Beginners

sumitstop

Yes Tom I will be glad to contribute in some or other way for the gnuradio

Tom Rondeau-2 wrote
<sumit.kumar@research.iiit.ac.in> wrote:

> Hi Community,
>
> Just uploaded 11 more screen casts in GNURADIO for absolute beginners.
> They are mostly related to using benchmark files of digital transmission and
> ofdm transmission.
> Some playing with the spectrum sensing code is also there. I have increased
> the font size as well as bright back ground for better visibility.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/user/2011HPS?feature=watch
>
> A lot more will be coming.
>
> Cheers :working:

Thanks for putting these up and sharing with everyone!

Tom

> heckpiet wrote:
>>
>> thx mate !!
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Piet
>>
>> Am 8. April 2012 01:07 schrieb sumitstop
>> <sumit.kumar@research.iiit.ac.in>:
>>>
>>> Hi Community,
>>>
>>> I have uploaded screencast of some very basic things for the beginners in
>>> gnuradio like installing gnuradio, finding common examples of usrp, uhd,
>>> utilities etc. Also getting information about usrp's / daughterboards,
>>> antennas, burning SD card etc.
>>>
>>> Here is the link
>>>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/2011HPS?feature=watch
>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/2011HPS?feature=watch
>>>

>>> Although these things are given in enough detail on gnuradio webpage but
>>> think watching on screen will be very helpful for the starters :)
>>>
>>> Enjoy :)
>>>
>>> ** Suggestions/improvements are most welcome
>>>
>>> -----
>>> Sumit Kr.
>>> Research Assistant
>>> Communication Research center
>>> IIIT Hyderabad
>>> India
>>> --
>>

> -----
> Sumit Kr.
> Research Assistant
> Communication Research center
> IIIT Hyderabad
> India

Re: Gnuradio Screencast for Absolute Beginners

sumitstop
Hi Community , some more video are up

1.In system transmission and reception using digital benchmark and ofdm benchmark files.

2. Complete instructions on how to install UHD(latest ver), gnuradio (latest ver) and gnuradio-companion from source code(for those ppl who enjoy building by themselves) )

** instructions on setting python path as well as library path also shown.
I also wanted to make some videos on getting started with hardware on gnuradio but unfortunately my shipment from ettus research worth $9K got stuck. its showing "Clearance delay - Import "   Anyways I will use my existing usrp2/1 to make the videos in the coming days

More videos will be up very soon
sumitstop wrote
Yes Tom I will be glad to contribute in some or other way for the gnuradio

Tom Rondeau-2 wrote
On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 4:42 PM, sumitstop
<sumit.kumar@research.iiit.ac.in> wrote:

> Hi Community,
>
> Just uploaded 11 more screen casts in GNURADIO for absolute beginners.
> They are mostly related to using benchmark files of digital transmission and
> ofdm transmission.
> Some playing with the spectrum sensing code is also there. I have increased
> the font size as well as bright back ground for better visibility.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/user/2011HPS?feature=watch
>
> A lot more will be coming.
>
> Cheers :working:

Thanks for putting these up and sharing with everyone!

Tom

> heckpiet wrote:
>>
>> thx mate !!
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Piet
>>
>> Am 8. April 2012 01:07 schrieb sumitstop
>> <sumit.kumar@research.iiit.ac.in>:
>>>
>>> Hi Community,
>>>
>>> I have uploaded screencast of some very basic things for the beginners in
>>> gnuradio like installing gnuradio, finding common examples of usrp, uhd,
>>> utilities etc. Also getting information about usrp's / daughterboards,
>>> antennas, burning SD card etc.
>>>
>>> Here is the link
>>>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/2011HPS?feature=watch
>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/2011HPS?feature=watch
>>>

>>> Although these things are given in enough detail on gnuradio webpage but
>>> think watching on screen will be very helpful for the starters :)
>>>
>>> Enjoy :)
>>>
>>> ** Suggestions/improvements are most welcome
>>>
>>> -----
>>> Sumit Kr.
>>> Research Assistant
>>> Communication Research center
>>> IIIT Hyderabad
>>> India
>>> --
>>

> -----
> Sumit Kr.
> Research Assistant
> Communication Research center
> IIIT Hyderabad
> India

Re: Gnuradio Screencast for Absolute Beginners

sumitstop

Hi Community , some more video are up !!

I have shown how to start working with gnuradio-companion. There are 4 screen casts. Very introductory for the new comers :)

connecting the blocks, data types, putting multiple windows in tabs, etc I have shown. Suggestions and feedbacks are very welcome.

Please suggest me some good(free) screencast tools. Right now I am using gtk-recordmydesktop which gives me .ogv file and youtube creates much pain with .ogv format.

Also this screen cast is very unorganized. from next screen casts I will try to organize them point wise :)

Here are the links :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWHlK-Kcn9M&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkfbousBchE&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp9b0ozsboI&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9A-5MzZyt0&feature=plcp

More videos will be up soon

sumitstop wrote
> [...]

>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/2011HPS?feature=watch
>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/2011HPS?feature=watch
>>>

>>> Although these things are given in enough detail on gnuradio webpage but
>>> think watching on screen will be very helpful for the starters :)
>>>
>>> Enjoy :)
>>>
>>> ** Suggestions/improvements are most welcome
>>>
>>> -----
>>> Sumit Kr.
>>> Research Assistant
>>> Communication Research center
>>> IIIT Hyderabad
>>> India
>>> --
>>

> -----
> Sumit Kr.
> Research Assistant
> Communication Research center
> IIIT Hyderabad
> India

Re: Gnuradio Screencast for Absolute Beginners

I have just uploaded a lengthy video as a supplement to my earlier screencast on gnuradio-companion. I recorded it last evening but somehow was unable to find that where it was saved in my system. Now I am using a good screen recorder which is giving me option to pause in between the recordings :) Hence I was able to record for more than 50 mins :P

Here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaST-ajS4EY&feature=plcp

More screencasts will be up very soon.

sumitstop wrote
> [...]

>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/2011HPS?feature=watch
>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/2011HPS?feature=watch
>>>

>>> Although these things are given in enough detail on gnuradio webpage but
>>> think watching on screen will be very helpful for the starters :)
>>>
>>> Enjoy :)
>>>
>>> ** Suggestions/improvements are most welcome
>>>
>>> -----
>>> Sumit Kr.
>>> Research Assistant
>>> Communication Research center
>>> IIIT Hyderabad
>>> India
>>> --
>>

> -----
> Sumit Kr.
> Research Assistant
> Communication Research center
> IIIT Hyderabad
> India

Re: Gnuradio Screencast for Absolute Beginners

I have just uploaded some more videos on my channel. They are about basic filtering and some beginners concept about sampling and re-sampling.

Here are the links :

GNURADIO: GNURADIO-COMPANION part-5 (Basic filtering)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc3K3bUxPW8&feature=plcp

GNURADIO: GNURADIO-COMPANION part-6-1 (Significance of sampling rate in simulations)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka540X5NjwE&feature=plcp

GNURADIO: GNURADIO-COMPANION part-6-2 (Significance of sampling rate in simulations contd.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dvw-B_CGEg&feature=plcp

I am sorry for the disturbing audio quality. My sound card is picking some noise even after I am opting for mute. Please mute the audio while watching the screencasts :)

> [...]

>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/2011HPS?feature=watch
>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/2011HPS?feature=watch
>>>

>>> Although these things are given in enough detail on gnuradio webpage but
>>> think watching on screen will be very helpful for the starters :)
>>>
>>> Enjoy :)
>>>
>>> ** Suggestions/improvements are most welcome
>>>
>>> -----
>>> Sumit Kr.
>>> Research Assistant
>>> Communication Research center
>>> IIIT Hyderabad
>>> India
>>> --
>>

> -----
> Sumit Kr.
> Research Assistant
> Communication Research center
> IIIT Hyderabad
> India

Re: Gnuradio Screencast for Absolute Beginners

Ben Hilburn-3
Sumit -

Thanks for making such a detailed library of videos!

Have you considered putting together an index / table of contents / different playlists of the videos to organize them?  I think it may be easier for users to find and watch the videos they need.  You have quite a few now, and Youtube doesn't make it easy to navigate through them by default unless you create playlists from them.

Cheers,
Ben

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 8:04 PM, sumitstop <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

:working:

-----
Sumit Kr.
Research Assistant
Communication Research center
IIIT Hyderabad
India

Re: Gnuradio Screencast for Absolute Beginners

sumitstop
Hi Ben,

So far I dint think of making any toc or playlist but as the number of videos are increasing ,I think I have to do so. Actually I am also not able to search my videos when I search in youtube
Thanks for the suggestion. I will do it asap

Ben Hilburn-3 wrote
> [...]

> >> gtk-recordmydesktop which gives me .ogv file and youtube creates much
> >> pain with .ogv format.
> >>
> >> Also this screen cast is very unorganized. from next screen casts I will
> >> try to organize them point wise :)
> >>
> >> Here are the links :
> >>
> >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWHlK-Kcn9M&feature=plcp
> >>
> >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkfbousBchE&feature=plcp
> >>
> >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp9b0ozsboI&feature=plcp
> >>
> >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9A-5MzZyt0&feature=plcp
> >>
> >> More videos will be up soon :working:

> got

> usrp,

> -----
> Sumit Kr.
> Research Assistant
> Communication Research center
> IIIT Hyderabad
> India

Re: Gnuradio Screencast for Absolute Beginners

I have uploaded some videos showing
1. How to do offline plotting of data using gr_plot tools
2. How to generate data for various modulation schemes in gnuradio-companion and plotting as well observing their constellation
3. Finally some playing with OFDM in gnuradio-companion

Here is the link to the play list as well as individual videos

playlist for plotting tools :
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwRhd5DzzaXBezoWAbgPOeJC27Ru-s_rc

link for OFDM videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZDWfnrxo6c&list=PLDE1C31FA9B5F55EF&index=4&feature=plpp_video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_jx6afQkLI&list=PLDE1C31FA9B5F55EF&index=5&feature=plpp_video

I hope the videos will be helpful for beginners in gnuradio :)
More videos are coming soon

Re: Gnuradio Screencast for Absolute Beginners

sumitstop
Hi Community,
Just created a new playlist on my channel. Its about random experiments with gnuradio for fun. I hope the new comers will enjoy it.
Here is the link to the playlist.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwRhd5DzzaXA-poBmKgWv1BQYJT_i6VO2

More videos are coming soon.