Quantcast

Detecting two transmitters

Ayan Chatterjee
Hi,

Using an USRP as receiver, how do I detect whether one USRP is sending as a transmitter or two are sending?

Thanks.

Regards,
Ayan

Re: Detecting two transmitters

Marcus Müller-3

Dear Ayan,

by observing the received signal, and using your signal processing and communication technology to detect exactly the kind of signal the USRP is sending?

Note that the USRPs are Software Defined Radio frontends; what is sent is defined by the software driving the transmitting USRP, and what is done with the signal a USRP receives is also defined by the software. YOU are defining that!

So, your question has no general answer; it depends on the software you use or write to transmit, since that defines what is sent. The USRP doesn't have a fixed waveform! It simply converts whatever digital baseband signal to an analog RF passband signal.

Best regards,

Marcus